Tuesday, December 2, 2008

End of the Semester

As I reach the end of my first semester of college, I look back and see things that I really enjoyed and hope to continue, I see new friends (or at least acquaintances) I have made, I see new and exciting things I've learned, and I look back on those and give a contented, happy sigh. I also look back and see the friends at RRHS that I miss, the poor choices I made regarding class work, and the class I failed. I look and see these and know that I will force myself to do better next go around. I do wish that I hadn't failed rhetoric, that I had tried harder not to fail rhetoric, that I hadn't procrastinated and missed the drop period for rhetoric, but most importantly, I have vowed to take a choir next semester because choir is, as I have stated on several occasions, my therapy. I would have had a little less stress if I had had a choir class; not to say that it would have been better for my work load, or that I wouldn't have still failed rhetoric, but I'd be less stressed about it if I had a choir class to relax in.

I am getting my license this winter break and as soon as Financial Aid comes in I'll be buying my own car. That, I have to say, will be pretty freaking sweet, until I fill it up the first time... gas prices are low (for now) and that's good, but that's still an expense I didn't have to deal with earlier. That and insurance. I'm hoping to go onto my parents' insurance and just pay them a portion, but I don't know if that's what'll happen. I am excited, despite the scary thought of gas and insurance, because i'll have my own car!! I don't know what I'll be getting yet, but it should be a fairly reliable POS for a little less than 4k. :) Another reason to smile, is that I'll be getting this car before my sister gets a car of her own. I don't generally like to rub things in her face, but this is pretty much worth her wrath.

I don't have finals... so this is my last week... scary. I may go to campus once or twice next week for like work and stuff, but mostly I'll be at home... cleaning my room... which really needs my close undivided attention for a few days. I'll be spending the first day of my winter break gathering all the clothes off my floor, sorting them into what I will and will not wear, and putting them into trash bags. I will then wash all of them, bag by bag, until they are all clean. Then I will donate (or sell) the clothes I won't wear anymore and put away everything else into my newly accessible closet and dresser. This is the plan, and hopefully I will stick to the plan, but I have been known to procrastinate... on occasion... you know, just once or twice...

So anyway, that's all for now.
DFTBA,
~Cat =^.^=

1 comment:

Stacy Hackenberg said...

Ok, so cool with the changing font size. How do you do that.

As far as what to write about, write about what you're interested in, what you're reading, what you're listening to, what you're watching. Read other blogs, not just mine, read other websites. Look at MSNBC.com or CNN.com or the website of some organization that does or stands for something yo're interested in or believe in. Inform yourself and then share your opinions.

And relax. It's supposed to be fun.